A fusion of the words "tactile" and "dactylic", TACTYLICS is a New York-based funk-rock band dedicated to making music people can feel--combining rich lyrics, melodic hooks, and hard-hitting grooves to produce a powerfully soulful rock sound.
"The Guilty Pleasures Prototype" is the band's debut EP and collectively encapsulates Tactylics' musical style. Conceptually, the mood is dark. Songwriter Ranzo's first three songs share a theme of inner conflict over ill-fated yet addictive relationships. The remix versions showcase the versatility of these songs, as well as Tactylics' cross-genre appeal.
released 13 August 2009
1. Idea, concept, copyright, and publishing: Michael Ander (aka M Ranzo)
2. Produced and mixed by Igor Kisil (aka Iggy Sweet Rains) and M Ranzo. Engineered by Igor Kisil.
3. Recorded: Manhattan Beach Studios, FlowNY, Bass Hit Recording. Mixed at Bass Hit Recording.
4. Remixed by Sweet Rains, NY, USA (www.sweetrains.com
) by Igor Kisil (producer, remixer) and Johan Brunkvist (programming, keyboards)
5. Original mixes mastered by Steve Kadison.
6. Remixes mastered by Marco van der Hoorn at Arjan Digital Mastering (The Netherlands).
Musicians and singers:
1. M Ranzo (vocals)
2. Jose Valencia (guitar)
3. Joe Friedman (guitar)
4. Mitch Pirtle (bass)
5. Scott Morehouse (drums)
6. Larry Collica (keyboards)
7. Zhana Saunders (backing vocals on "Cat Call", courtesy of Kult Records, NY)
8. J Phoenix (aka Larry Loftin) (backing vocals on "Keep Away")
9. Double ADA (rap -"More")